The Pareto Principle, otherwise known as the “80/20” rule holds that in most areas of life, it can also be applied to OUR wardrobes. In truth, most people only wear 20% of their clothing. The other 80% is simply over crowding our closets and taking valuable space,which leads us to a full closet and saying “I have nothing to wear!”
Here is a trick I like to teach my clients who are still having a hard time letting go of some items after we have gone through and done a “Closet Audit”:
The Hanger Trick
Go into your closet and turn all of your hangers around so that the hook faces OUTWARD instead of inward. Each time you wear an item of clothing and hang it up again, put the hanger back in your closet the “normal way” (hook facing inward). Over time, you will end up with a mixture of inward facing and outward facing hangers,much like the image you see. You will see which items you love and wear, and which pieces aren’t.
Go turn your hangers around and let me know how it goes!
Here are my favorite hangers to work with:
Closet Complete Ultra Thin No Slip Velvet Suit Hangers, Black, Set of 50
Of course shipping is always free with Amazon Prime Membership and on super saver orders over $25!